On September 6, 2021, Governor Kathy Hochul announced the designation of COVID-19 as an airborne infectious disease under the New York HERO Act. This designation requires all employers to implement workplace safety plans which include the creation of an employee Safety Committee and the adoption of “reasonable” safety measures in accordance with CDC and NYS guidance. Under the auspices of this Committee and with the realization that we have responsibilities as healthcare providers, Niagara Dermatology Associates LLC has adopted measures to limit airborne agent exposure to
our employees and patients:
COVID symptom screening:
- Employees will need to attest daily that they are symptom-free
- Patients will be screened for COVID symptoms at check-in
Vaccination status screening:
- All employees at Niagara Dermatology Associates LLC are vaccinated against COVID as a condition for employment
- Patients will be screened for vaccination status when placed in rooms so as not to violate their privacy
- Sanitation stations are available at all employee and patient entry sites
- All patient care rooms are provided with auxiliary ventilation measures
- Our East Amherst office has ultraviolet decontamination lighting in each patient care room
If you have recently traveled to areas where there are ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 and developed a fever with cough, shortness of breath, or gastrointestinal issues within 14 days of your travel, or if you have had contact with someone who is suspected to have COVID-19, please stay home and call 716-205-8324 to reschedule your appointment.
Our goal at Niagara Dermatology is to keep all of our patients safe.